Christmas Kitchenette

Made from an old nightstand
with plywood attached to the back
Silverware baskets were added to the bottom right
side to hold all kinds of kitchen goodies.
On the top I added hooks to hang pots, utensils, etc.
The left side is a towel rack & pot holder made
from the leg of a cookie cooling rack I cut up for the oven.
I used a wooden J and spray painted it silver.
The bowl was just a plastic bowl
with a shower drain in the middle.
The burners I traced on and we screwed
down some replacement oven knobs.
The curtain on top I made VERY quickly, it's all
straight stitches and simple lines. Put up with a tiny
curtain rod found at walmart.
I took apart the drawer, attached the front with hinges, added a
magnetic piece to keep it closed, and cut down a cookie cooling rack
to the inside of the oven.
I added a little basket behind the curtain to hold toys.
Toys nicely hidden away behind a pretty little curtain.
and that was my husband and my Christmas present to our sweet children this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment